Lake Travis Youth Association & LT Elite will continue to follow a “Zero Tolerance” policy regarding inappropriate behavior. This policy will encompass all interactions during the course of the pre-season, regular season and post-season, which shall include but not be limited to the following: practices, games, opening day ceremonies, all-stars, tournaments and any other league sponsored event(s). By registering your child with Lake Travis Youth Association you are agreeing to abide by this policy.
Our sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, and grandchildren far too often watch many of us forget the real reason for being involved in youth sports. In the Board’s opinion, this is reason for a “Zero Tolerance” policy. We must promote fair play, good sportsmanship and teach our children how to play the game. We feel it is everyone’s responsibility to teach the players that there is more to the game than winning or losing and the final score. The entire Board of Directors takes this responsibility seriously. With that said the following statements will represent our position and more importantly constitute our “Zero Tolerance” policy from this point forward.
- All persons involved with the LTYA program including parents/guardians, players, managers/coaches, Board Members and umpires/officials shall abide by the Zero Tolerance Policy and all the rules governing the league.
- It is the duty of all managers/coaches to control their players and spectators at all times.
- Coaches should teach their players to respect the dignity of the game, the authority of its officials, the value of the opponent and the institutions they represent.
- Coaches shall confine their discussions with the opposing team and game officials to interpretation of the rules and NOT challenge an umpire’s judgment call. A judgment call is considered, handball, out of bounds, and/or fair/foul.
- Parents may under no circumstance argue or speak directly to a referee at any point before, during or after the game.
- Cursing, obscene or threatening gestures or language, harassment of any kind, malicious or personal remarks between opponents, players, spectators or officials on or off the field will not be tolerated and will be subject to disciplinary action. Anyone in violation will be immediately removed from the field or field area and forbidden to return until disciplinary action(s)/decision(s) have been made.
- Improper use of, or deliberate damage to the equipment or property by anyone will not be tolerated and will be grounds for disciplinary action.
- Officers, directors, umpires and all coaching staff are responsible for enforcing the rules and regulations on and off the playing field.
- Telephone/Verbal/Email/Social Media/In-person assaults, harassment and/or threats are strictly forbidden. Coaches/Parents with sensitive questions, coaching/player problems or moral/ethical issues that may require board intervention, will not email, call, text, Facebook, or Tweet team parents, or coaches. Violation of this policy will result in immediate disciplinary action.
- Any and all questions, concerns or reports regarding a disciplinary problem(s) and or action(s) can be directed in person to any LTYA soccer or parent board member or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any and all information and concerns are strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone other than the parties involved.